Selling a home can be one of the most stressful life events, especially when there is a good reason for it, such as an urgent need to repay off debt or short notice of being transferred to another state by your boss. Here are 5 practical tips that will help you become well-prepared, get rid of the stress, and enjoy the process. In the end, selling your home is like selling your business. You must think strategically like an entrepreneur. Weigh on the costs, benefits, make fast but not erroneous decisions.
What are 5 things to do before selling your home? Focus on these and get the desired outcome that will be not a surprise but the outcome of a well-organized plan.
- Research your local housing market in depth. Yes, there is some homework to do, literally. Get in contact with several real estate agents and listing agents to ask their recommended price target and then add some more to it. You should not be totally out of the most common price targets, but you should not be hesitant to add a premium either. You can search for real estate for sale in Whistler , a popular area. Do not hesitate to ask your real estate agent about the latest hot trends in your area and nationally and whether they are active on social media. Almost everybody is online today and prospective home buyers most probably are on one or more popular social media platforms. It may be a good idea to pay for a home inspector to suggest recommended ways to improve the condition of your home.
2. Get energetic and in a positive mood. Identify visible things that need to get fixed and fix them. Ask your friends for help if needed. Small details can make a huge difference. Fix the neglected locks, leaky faucets, or small cracks in the walls. For sure get rid of any squeaky doors. If you think you have no time for these repairs, then hire a handyman. Ask your best friends their sincere opinion about the state of your house. This way you will be objective and impartial about things that need to get done.
3. Deep clean your home. If you can afford it hire a professional service for this. You should not have any smells that may be caused by your lovable pets, and cleaning professionals will certainly do a better job than you as they have the required equipment and most of all the expertise. The materials used by cleaning professionals can make your floors and walls shine, like brand new.
4. Organize your space better. Put together unnecessary items not used frequently in closets, add fresh flowers, and do not hesitate to sell or give way to charities’ old items to make space appear bigger. Make room literally out of nothing by donating armchairs that are out of style.
5. Be smart. We live in a tech-savvy society, and you should invest time to think about what will make your home stand out from other listings. One way is to study what are the latest hot trends in interior design. If it is something you can afford then apply it immediately. For instance, a hot trend could be to monitor streaming content in the bathroom. You could invest in smart solutions to make your home smart too. What about electric blinds that are also eco-friendly and use solar energy to add electricity to your house?
Or smart thermostats that can turn on/off lights controlled via mobile phones? If you want to take it, one step further then buy a smart mailbox. The one that gets goods, mail, and small items remotely without your physical presence. It may seem like an unnecessary investment but remember the return most probably will be worth it. If you can afford it hire also a professional photographer and ask for a video with time-lapse, especially if your home has a magnificent view.
Show this video to new buyers, they will love it and emerge in the feeling of experiencing it. It could do wonders.
Apply these 5 tips and get ready for selling your home and start a new adventure in your life.